Saturday, July 5, 2014

Frontier Airlines denies father's right to sit next to 2-year old son

Frontier Airlines is making some major changes in the way it handles airline fares. According to their advertisements, they are lowering their fares while the competition is raising theirs. Really? Yes really, but only by charging you for every conceivable part of your trip. Not only have they started charging anywhere from $20 - $50 for (1) carry-on bag (not checked folks, carry-on), they are charging you for reserving your seat during online check in. "As a businessman, I can appreciate Frontiers new business plan developed in the boardroom of some high-rise office; well done, Frontier, on making as much money possible for charging the lowest possible amount upfront to potential customers then racking up the fare to be even higher than competitors in the end. As a father, however, it's hard for me to understand how I could pay over $1,500 for three tickets and not be able to sit next to my two-year-old and five-year-old sons," complains Rick Meyer who recently tried to reserve seats through online check-in prior to a flight only to find it would cost an additional $8/person. 

"After asking Brandy , Frontier Airlines spokesperson, if she was comfortable with the situation created by their terms and conditions of having a father separated from his two children on a plane full of people unless he paid an additional $8/person, she hung up on me." Looks like 20 years in business is really paying off, Frontier.
But, you say, at least when I pay through the nose for my ticket, then pay again for my checked bag, then some more for my carry-on bag, and more to reserve my seat on a ticket I already paid through the nose on, I can sit back and relax on my flight while drinking a nice, cold, free soda...nope, that'll cost you a $1.50.

Rick Meyer
July 5, 2014

No comments: