Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The best 28th birthday, ever!

There's a book I read in class whenever someone has a birthday, called The Best Birthday Ever. It's a funny little story about a kid (insert child's name here ______) who goes around all day looking for birthday wishes and surprises and finds nothing, thinking that everyone has forgotten their birthday. In the end, a surprise birthday party unfolds and it turns out to be "the best birthday, EVER!!" not because of any presents or treats, but because the day was spent with family and friends.

It's still the beginning of my special day, and while I definitely don't feel that I've been forgotten, it already is the best 28th birthday ever! As I grow further away from the monumental birthdays, and closer to the next ones, it really has come to be more about who I'm spending the special time with.

Hats off to my husband, who knows and loves me so well. He's done it again folks! After a nice dinner and zoo lights outing yesterday, I woke up to an amazing breakfast (pictures to come). Let me add too that Rick researched probably more than 60 restaurants trying to find the perfect one. Thank you Honey for your wonderful food! How fitting that they were playing one of our favorite bands, Over the Rhine, when we walked in.

Fruit, little pancake balls filled with chocolate and fruit, a German-style egg, flowers from Asher, and a food processor. You may laugh about this last gift, but with the amount of cooking I do, it's going to be a God-send! Imagine how much time I'll save by using a 7-cup processor, compared to the 1-cup that I've been stuffing things into for the past several years. Lastly, Rick made an online birthday card of sorts with pictures and lyrics to the tune of "Twelve Days of Christmas." He's a creative one, that's for sure.

So, thank you to my champion for all that you do to make me feel special. You have truly made this the best birthday ever! And of course, special thank you's to the other loved ones in my life who have already made me feel extra special - my mother and father-in-law taking me out to dinner and gifting our family with a zoo membership, Judi and her amazing cooking and presentation, and my own Mom, Dad and Sister for their thoughtful gifts and well-wishes. I love you all!

No comments: